Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Email #2

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014
Provo MTC

Family!
Wow week two of the MTC was one for the record books. I am getting more and more surprised at how much better it gets each time. The sunday devotional this week was incredible. We had sister janice kapp perry speak to us. we sang a bunch of her primary songs as an entire MTC and the spirit was so incredibly strong. It reminded me of how simple words can be but also how powerful they can be at the same time. The primary songs have so much power and I was thinking about all of you the whole time we were singing. She was talking about how she met her husband later in the devotional and her husband stood up from the stand, went over to the pulpit, grabbed her face and kissed her in front of the entire MTC. Everyone was going absolutely insane and started clapping. I wasn't sure if that was allowed so I looked over at the MTC president, President Nally and he was clapping and looked like he was laughing pretty dang hard! haha we ended up singing another song at the end which was sisters of zion and army of helaman. I can't even describe how cool of an experience that was. everyone at the MTC stood up during the final chorus and we sang it like an army ready to hit the world. I'm getting chills right now just thinking about it. After the devotional we watched "Joseph Smith: the prophet of the restoration." I have seen that movie so many times and I'm not sure what was different about this one but I pretty much bawled like a baby through the whole thing. I have no doubt that Joseph Smith was and is still a prophet of the Lord and I love him and thank him for his example. We sang "Praise to the Man" in the choir yesterday at the tuesday night devotional which was very cool! All of the MTC was there with the mission presidents and we had 6 of the twelve there with us which was really cool! The biggest thing that happened this week though was that I was able to see Aunt Jill and BT. On monday we were on our way to lunch and I saw a lady with blonde hair. She turned a little bit when she was talking to a lady next to her but I still wasn't sure if it was her or not. All i could see was her back so i ran up a little bit, was about 25 feet away when I yelled "Aunt Jill!" She turned and it was her so we ran and hugged eachother. She got emotional and so did I a little bit. It was so wonderful to be able to see a familiar face and one that I love so much. I had been just praying that I would see them but the mission presidents are pretty isolated from all of the missionaries for some reason so there wasn't a chance to. She had to walk from one building to the next and it was a 10 to 15 second window that we were able to hit. There is no possible way that should have happened. The Lord was so kind to be able to let that happen and I have been counting my blessings ever since. It was definitely a tender mercy of The Lord. Well I'm doing well but if you could pray for the language a little bit I would be grateful. It's tough but it's coming along slowly. Love you all.

Strength and Honor 
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone


Biting our olympic medals (they tasted like liquid gold) -Fantastic Mr. Fox haha



                     Aunt Jill and Uncle Brian with Caleb at Provo MTC.  Called to Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment