Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Email #4

Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Provo, MTC

12 days baby!! The big 1-2 till Äldste Feathy is comin at the swedes! Family! How are you all? I loved hearing from all of you this week! I received one of the kindest, sweetest letters this past week. I got a envelope from Greg and Mimi with letters from them and also pictures drawn by Max and Laurel. Max wrote me a letter that said, "Caleb, I love Caleb." When I read those four words my eyes filled up with tears (my eyes are tearing up as I'm writing this). While i've been here at the MTC I've learned that sometimes short, simple messages can be just as powerful as "wow" statements. I love this gospel so much because it is so simple yet so powerful. I really appreciated those words from Max because I was struggling a little bit with the language that specific day and it reminded me of the pure love that Christ has for us. Simple but powerful and infinite. just like the gospel. We had the opportunity to listen to Elder Andersen yesterday night and he spoke about the Holy Ghost. How generous is our Heavenly Father to allow us to have a member of the Godhead with us always if we are worthy to have it? It blows my mind at how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have given us and all they want us to do is follow a few simple commandments. That is how we show our love and gratitude to them. By following the example of Christ and coming unto him we can do anything. But we have to remember that without him we are nothing. Alright but everything is going well here. The language is tough but good. I feel that we almost have an advantage with learning a language because we can share simple but powerful testimonies of Christ. Hope you are all doing well. Love you.

Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment