Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Email #5

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2014
Provo MTC 

I Believe I Can Fly

This week was absolutely stellar! We ended up getting our flight plans last friday so that was pretty exciting. We have to report to the travel center here at the MTC on monday morning at 4:30 so that should be fun *(insert sarcastic voice). We fly out of SLC to Minneapolis first, then from Minneapolis to Amsterdam, Netherlands, then from the Netherlands to Stockholm. We fly all night then get to Sweden at 8:30 AM so that is going to be one heck of a long day. It's crazy how fast time flies when you're here at the MTC. 4 Days and the mighty Swede group of 16 is flying home for 2. I am so pumped to get out there. I'm hoping that I will be able to understand a little bit of Swedish when I get there. Elder Anyanwu is a swedish elder that is going to japan has been helping us a little bit with the language so that is cool.Yesterday Elder Walker and I played horseshoes with two other swedish elders in our zone and it reminded me of the fun times we had with the feathy crew back at grandma and grandpa's old house. We played to 21 and i scored 19 of the 21 points which included 3 "ringers." For that glorious victory I give the Feathy crew 100% of the credit for teaching me the ways as an immature padawan learner. On a more spiritual note, I was given a letter to read that was a letter written to an elder about 20 years ago in a British mission. The Elder shared some really cool stories about missionary work and the benefits of it. It was a little surprising to me because at the end of the letter this returned missionary quoted one of my favorite poems of grandpa feathy's. It's called "the champion." I think it is in his poem book so maybe go look it up. Such a solid poem! This past sunday we heard a talk from Richard I. Heaton, who is the Administrative Director here at the provo mtc. He gave one of the best talks I have ever heard about Charity. The pure love of Christ. He talked about how we cannot just choose to be charitable but that it is an actual christlike attribute and gift of the spirit that we must seek. Something that he said that stuck to me was that charity will always require sacrifice. as we think of the savior and how he was the ultimate example of being charitable, we can also see that he suffered more and sacrificed more than anyone who ever lived on the earth. He told all the missionaries to make sure that the investigators we teach need to feel the love of christ through us. without charity, we are nothing. A very well know saying is "what would jesus do." I think that the attitude is the big picture we need to look at. Brother Heaton said, "what would the savior feel?" we need to focus more on how the savior felt towards his brethren. Faith without works is dead but the attitude also needs to be there as well. I'm not sure if that makes sense but hopefully it does. ha man, I wish all of you could see and hear the words of these wonderful brethren. I have never felt so much power in the MTC than anywhere else and I can't wait for Noah to feel that same power in a few years. (dad, greg, brian, and preston all know what i'm talking about." I can't wait to get to sweden but i really am going to miss this place and all of the things I have learned here. Thanks for all of the support from all of you. I love you all.

Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone


Reppin' the Cougs 

No comments:

Post a Comment