Monday, August 18, 2014

Email #8

Mon, Aug 11th, 2014
Jakobsberg, Sweden

Family! 
How are y'all doin? Man, I feel like I have been gone a long time but I feel like I just got out here at the same time. I think that's how i'm going to be feeling the whole time. What is going on with you all? Alright I don't have a ton of time so I'm going to have to keep this one short if that's ok. So when I first got here we had only one progressing investigator and now we have six so that's pretty exciting. Here in Jakobsberg there is a lot of less-active work because there are about 60 active members with about 400 less active. When I first heard that I was a little shocked and sad because that is the majority of the ward. We have been calling and dropping by a lot of houses of less actives and it has been going really well. We called a guy named Rolando and dropped by his house a couple of days later. When we visited him he told us that he wants to come back to church and he wants to receive the aaronic priesthood. He straight up told us that and I got so pumped! Something that you have to focus on here is going to the temple. Baptism can't be the end goal. The temple has to be the ultimate goal. Rolando is such a stud and I can't wait to work with him more and more in reactivating him and reaching his goal of receving the aaronic priesthood and hopfeully the melchizidek as well. If you would keep him in your prayers I would be very greatful! We are also teaching a lady named Ildiko who is a past investigator who is having a tough time coming to church so getting her to go to church is the goal with her. She has a friend who is very christian but isn't a great influence on her. She is pretty much crazy. She focuses a lot on the scientific part of religion so it's not helping Ildiko a ton because she gets this from her friend 24-7. The positive side of that is that we get to teach Ildiko, her friend, and her friends fiance. It's all pretty cool to see the progression of investigators and see how the light of the gospel and help them become entirely "New creatures" through Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:17). Alright I gotta head but I hope you all are doing well! Love you.

Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment