Monday, August 18, 2014

Email #9

Mon. Aug 18th, 2014
Jakobsberg, Sweden


This week was busy but stellar! I'll start it off from the beginning...

Alright so Krebs and I have started a new tradition called "Kiwana Söndag." Every Sunday we try some weird fruit or food that we haven't tried before. Last week we tried something called the "Horned Melon" and this week we tried "Starfruit." Both pretty interesting and probably wouldn't ever buy it but hey, it was a fun time.

Speaking of eating, we had something called zone training this week (I'm getting to the eating part... give me a sec). Our zone leaders talked a lot about the blessings we receive when we are obedient to what the Lord has asked of us. In D&C 64:34 it says,

34 Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days."

 So moral of the story... if we are obedient... the members will feed us more. Hah, I wish that were true. Alright but after being out here for even a short few months, I already can see how much the Lord truly blesses those who are obedient. If we are struggling with being obedient with a particular principle of the gospel and we want to find out if it is true then we can experiment on it. There is a scripture in Ether that I feel can be applied to so many different situations. In Ether 12:6 it says,

 "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."

Sometimes we aren't sure why we are doing things. We have to first act as a trial of our faith and then we can receive a witness. And once we receive that witness then it is just a building block on the foundation of Christ. We can just grow and grow and grow. That's what we're here to do. We are here to progress and grow in the gospel.

Both Dad and Mom asked if I have had any chances to play the piano. The answer is.... Every week in priesthood (I was already doing that before) and occasionally I have to play in sacrament meeting also. After zone training on Wednesday I got a phone call from an elder who is serving central Sweden. He ended up asking if I would accompany him in a musical number at the "Mission Tour." Not sure why it's called a tour because it's more of a conference. We are having Elder Teixeira who is a member of the first quorum of the seventy come and speak to us for a couple hours. Half the mission will be there and Elder Lundquist asked me to accompany him. I'm scared out of my mind but I'm also very excited to be able to play for all of those people and share my talents that the Lord has blessed me with. Elder Lundquist went on to explain that he wanted me to "whip somethin fancy together" with a hymn and "make it sound good." Haha you have got to be kidding me? I was a little hesitant but then he told me the hymn was "Jesus, Savior Pilot Me." I immediately thought of the song that Preston recorded for Ross Boothe. I went online and bought the song and now Elder Lundquist and I are playing it for half the mission so it should be pretty cool. Elder Bednar actually comes in a couple weeks so there is a pretty big chance that President Beckstrand could ask us to play for that as well. Pretty crazy stuff! I've been practicing a ton so that's nice I get to play a lot but hopefully I'll be ready because they gave me 7 days of notice so I'm just praying I can perform the to best of my ability.

Everything else is going well here. I love my area and I don't want to leave it in two months because there is so much potential. There are some problems, every ward has those, but I really love all of the members and I can't wait to get back out there and see what I can do. Love you all and hope everything is going well back home.


Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment