Monday, September 15, 2014

Email #13

Monday, September 15, 2014

BREAKING NEWS: ELDER DAVID A. BEDNAR SIGHTING IN STOCKHOLM
Yes, you heard that right! We got to hear from Elder Bednar this past week! Such a cool experience!
Last Thursday we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Bednar! I showed up with my notepad and my pen, ready to take notes but I had a little bit curve ball thrown at me. It was definitely a good one but unexpected. Elder Bednar stood up and said "Alright, so we have about 2 hours, and I know that you don't want to listen to Brother Bednar ramble on for that long so here is what we are going to do. We are going to involve all of you and I want you to ask me questions. There are no bad questions, but there are definitely questions that are better than others." He went on to explain that we were going to have a Q&A. Our family has had some very unique and special experiences meeting the brethren but to be able to just ask a member of the quorum of the 12 any question you want was very cool! He talked a little bit about how there are two things that we can be. We can be objects and things to be acted upon, or we can be agents and things to act upon other things. It is a very cool principle and I had never really thought of it before. We can be OBJECTS.... or AGENTS. He has some very cool talks that we were asked to read in preparation for the  Elder Bednar conference that I will attach and whoever wants to can read those and learn more. I'm sorry I don't have a lot of time so this one is going to be short. But he talked about how we have agency. But we only have agency within the bounds which the Lord has set. Agency doesn't mean that you can just go out and do whatever the heck you want, but you can make a choice within the bounds of the covenants that we have made in the temple and the bounds that the Lord has set. I had never thought of it in that way before and Elder Bednar explained it as being the "most confusing principle to members than anything else."
I know that's not a lot but that's a little bit of what he said. Alright I gotta wrap this up but everything is going well here in Sweden and I am just loving it here. Hope everything is going well back home. I love you all.
Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
P.S. I can't really attach anything right now but the talks are called
"Converted unto the Lord" and "Ask in Faith"
They are both by Elder Bednar and are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment