Monday, October 6, 2014

Email #16

Monday, October 6, 2014
Jakobsberg, Sweden

The Temple + General Conference = A happy Elder in Sweden

This week was killer! We had a lot going on and I just loved it! I'm going to fast forward to Saturday morning. Alright so on Saturday morning, the Jakobsberg Församling had a temple day. It was my second time going to the temple here in Stockholm but I had never been able to do any ordinances yet. I actually was able to do a little family history work in the MTC so I had some family names with me. We got dressed and I was able to help baptize in the temple for over an hour! I was loving it and it was very cool because all of the baptisms were in Swedish. I baptized Alberto Bäckman who is prepping for a mission and it was actually his first time ever doing baptisms in the temple. There were a couple of family names that needed to be done so they needed to be confirmed right after. While another brother was doing the confirmations in the baptistry room I had a chance to just take it all in. I had one of those "Sweden" moments where you take a step back and say, "Woah, I'm in Sweden right now. I'm halfway across the world. I was still in high school 6 months ago. I'm on my mission and I'm doing baptisms in the Stockholm temple right now." I get those moments quite often and it's pretty crazy. I went on splits with Elder Treat last week and I had a BIG Sweden moment. Elder Treat is a greenie as well and reported to the MTC the week I left to Sweden so he is a group younger than me. He also just graduated from high school and turned 18 in June. I was walking down a street with him while we were on splits and I was just thinking "This is insane! Elder Treat and I just turned 18, just graduated from high school, just got our calls, and we are preaching the gospel of our Lord in a language that we didn't know 6 months ago." My mind was completely blown and I was so grateful to the Lord for everything he has blessed me with. The Lord has put so much trust in his missionaries with the age change it's amazing. A lot of the time I don't feel like I'm adequate enough for the mission but I know that the Lord is mindful of how I feel and I know that he can help me do what I am unable to do on my own. It's still crazy just to think back on that experience. But later in the temple, after we had finished baptisms, we went and did a session. Parts of it were in Swedish as well so that was very cool. It was amazing to just sit in the celestial room of the temple and ponder. Mom wrote me an email last week and told me about the Ogden Temple Rededication. She told me that Elder Bednar said, "In the temple I am home." That really hit me and after sitting in the celestial room, I really did feel that I was home. It was an amazing experience and it made me realize how important temple attendance is. We learn so much from going. It's not only helping the people we are doing proxy-work for but it definitely helps us as well. The temple is so wonderful. Then on top of that, we went and listened to General Conference later that night. It was so great and I loved it all! I couldn't have possibly taken all of the messages completely in so I am excited to read back over all of them. Overall, it was a great week and I felt great about it. Just know that I love you all and that you are in my prayers as well. Hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone



 Stockholm Temple
Deogracious. He is a stud and is from Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment