Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Email #21

Nov 10, 2014
Jakobsberg, Sweden

Oh it's nice to get up in the marnin'

Ya know, I don't really have a reference to that song this week but I'm feelin' good today so that is going to be the subject of this email. Actually, now that I think about it, I have found myself singin' along to that jolly ol’ song a few times this week.
OK! Now for the rundown of the week! Rolando is doing great! We went over to his house and he gets so happy when we come over. It has been really cool to see his progression and see his loyalty to the Savior. Something that he said that really hit me this week was that every time we come over and share a message with him, it's always the exact thing that he needed at that time. I've been trying (but sometimes it's hard to recognize) to teach by the Spirit and figure out what the Spirit feels like to me personally. When Rolando said that whatever we decide to share with him that specific day is exactly what he needs then I think that means that we are teaching with the Spirit. It was a confirmation to me that the Lord is involved in everything we do as missionaries.

During Weekly Planning I decided to go back through an old Tänkbara Undersökare (Potential Investigators) sheet and call all the people on it. It was from 2011 so I wasn't expecting many (if any) people to say, "Missionaries, oh sure! Come on over!" The first few numbers didn't go through but the first person I talked to was surprisingly positive. We talked for a little bit and then right before we were going to hang up he said, "You know, I'm glad you called. Thank you." We were able to get a lesson set up with him and it was another confirmation to me that the Lord has a hand in everything we do. That specific phone call might end up being nothing huge but it was a cool moment for me personally.

We actually have a baptismal date with a man named Mike who lives in Hässelby. He has been investigating for a little while and I have been trying to figure out what has been going on that is stopping his progression. He says he knows the church is true and he wants to get baptized but with the whole church deal in Täby right now it's a little bit of a stretch. We are going to church in a city called Täby because the chapel in Jakobsberg is being re-something-ed, re-modeled, re-done. Not really sure what to say about that one. I don't want to point any fingers here but I think that going to church in Täby has definitely been a hinderance to the work here in Jakobsberg. I think we have one more week in Täby and then hopefully the work will continue to move forward at a faster pace.

Alright, now on a good note. I got my first taste of Swedish snow! It was really cool to see! BUT... it didn't last very long. It was all gone by the time morning came. Sounds a lot like a little place I like to call St. George. It was a pretty typical snow day for me. Ha! But I loved it!
So that's the wrap of this week. Hope you all have a "QUACKTASTIC" week!

Tha-tha-tha-that's all folks!!

Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

 Drinking fountains don't exist in Sweden. I've seen two my whole
mission.  So...we had to savor the moment.
Låt det snö! (Let it snow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment