Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Email #20

Monday, Nov. 3, 2014
Jakobsberg, Sweden

This week has been a great one! Let's start from the top...

So we had Zone Conference this week and I was asked to play a musical number for it. There were over 70 missionaries in attendance. I decided to play an arrangement of "Praise to the Man" that I was able to learn before I came out to Sweden. I actually was able to play that same arrangement at the Visitor's Center in Carthage, Illinois so that specific song means a lot to me and also to Mom, Dad, and Noah who were there at Carthage when I played it. It's a really great song and I feel like it brings the spirit so fast. President Beckstrand said he loved the arrangement and I got several compliments on it after. I have been so grateful for the talents that I have been blessed with and I have tried to magnify them on the mission as much as possible. I have had so many opportunities to play the piano in district meetings, zone trainings, zone conferences and mission tours, and I have been so grateful for them all. The zone conference was great and I have been trying to apply what I learned as best as I can. After, I was asked to play at a baptismal service in GubbĂ€ngen (South Stockholm) so I had another opportunity to play the piano. I have just been eating it up and I've been loving being on the keys. 

We were able to write down a "1" on the baptismal date part when we reported our numbers this week. CHA CHING! We met this man named Mike from Uganda and he said he wants to get baptized. We have been trying to help him understand that going to church is a huge blessing and a commandment. SO! Keep him in your prayers and hopefully we can get him in the water, get him a calling, and a friend in the ward. Also, we had a holiday here in Sweden called Alla Helgons Dag. All the Swedes go to cemeteries and put candles out on the graves. We went to a MASSIVE cemetery called SkogkyrkogĂ„rden in South Stockholm and there were thousands of candles out. People go walking around the cemeteries. I'll send a couple pics. I know I'm jumping all over the place but I don't have a ton of time. Earlier in the week, Elder Mott (one of my best friends out here on the mission who is from my MTC group) and I went on splits. His area is the heart of Stockholm City so there were a ton of people to talk to and we had such a killer time. We were working hard and having a riot! We were able to teach 4 unplanned lessons on the streets in 4 hours with unplanned contacts. It was a killer night and I loved it! We went by a USA godies store "candy store" and there were so many American things there! Pop-tarts, ROOT-BEER, Reese's Puffs, Peanut Butter Cap'N Crunch, and MORE! It was so cool and I got so pumped! 

Overall, it was a great week! I'm loving it here in Sweden and the work is moving along. I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor
-Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone




No comments:

Post a Comment