Friday, December 12, 2014

Email #25

Dec 8, 2014
Västerhaninge, Sweden


This week has been a good one. It's honestly been a tough one but a good one as well. I had to prepare for my first District Meeting as District Leader. I was preparing for it on Thursday and I had something prepared but I didn't feel that great about it. I said a prayer and just asked for the Lords help in this district meeting. There were some rumors that President Beckstrand was going to be there and that was a little nerve racking, but he ended up not being able to make it so that was a little relieving. Ha! But while I was preparing, I said a prayer and asked for the Lords help during District Meeting. After the prayer I immediately had a thought come into my mind that "as long as they feel the spirit it will all be ok." So, I decided that is what I would focus on the entire time. I didn't need to blow their minds with something spectacular but just as long as they were taught by the Holy Ghost and were able to feel the spirit then I felt like it would be a successful district meeting. I felt great about it when it was over and a little relieved as well.


Now to prepare for this week! Ha! But this week has been a tough one as well. Our numbers weren't that great but we worked hard and I feel like we did our job. Yesterday we decided we would tract into a few doors. I honestly am not a big fan of knocking doors but we didn't have anything else to do so I just kinda buckled down and we did it.  We ended up tracting into one specific door that I remembered pretty distinctly. Elder Peterson did most of the talking and then he turned to me to say something. The man who opened the door wasn't too interested, I didn't get his name, we didn't get his number or anything like that, but I was able to give him a card and invited him to go check out the website. I smiled at him and then he just said "Okej grabbar, tack så mycket! Ha det bra!" (Yeah ok guys, thanks so much! Have a good one!) and then smiled back. Although we didn't teach him the Restoration or get his phone number, we were still able to just get him to smile and hopefully have a better perspective of the church. That was a successful contact in my book.


Later on Friday we played fotboll (soccer) with some guys from the Middle East. It's just a bunch of guys that love to play soccer. They come from Afghanistan and Somalia and Iran. It's a pretty fun group. They don't know how to speak very much English or Swedish but they can communicate just enough to say what they want to. I'll be sitting on the sideline and all of the sudden I'll get a "MY FRIEND!" Then I run out onto the field and we play hard! It's a lot of fun!


That was a little recap of the week. Everything in Sweden is good! Lovin' it! You should see Stockholm at night in the Christmas get-up! So dang cool! Alright I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor

Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment