Thursday, December 18, 2014

Email #26

Dec. 15, 2014
Västerhaninge, Sweden

Family!
This week has just flown by!  Holy cow!  I guess time flies when you're havin' fun! So we have had just a jam packed week!  I'll give you the rundown of the week.  So as some of you may know, Elder Featherstone just hit his 6 month mark on the mission. I'm pretty sure missionaries do this in other missions but here in the Sweden Stockholm Mission when you have been out on your mission for 6 months exactly, you burn a tie, so that's what we did!  Wednesday was my 6th month mark but we had one problem, no matches.  So we got creative.  When missionaries start getting creative, they get a little dumb in the head as well.  Next thing you know, we're shoving newspaper down a toaster to try to get some flame going. Long story short, we made it out alive and burned a tie in honor of six months.
On Monday we met with a man named Mich.  He is from Kenya and is a stud!  He has met with missionaries before but nothing happened for some reason.  We tried to figure out what the problem was and he told us that he has never read the Book of Mormon before.  We challenged him to read it and he accepted.  He told us that maybe to find out that the church is true  he just needs to take the first step which is reading the Book of Mormon.  After that we showed him the "He is the Gift" video that the Church has put out.  After it ended and before we could say anything he said, "Hey, can you send that to me so I can share it with my friends?"  I kinda laughed and just said, "Yes, we can definitely do that for you."
So I think that as of this week, Sweden is officially cold.  The humidity goes right through you and it is so dang cold!  Holy cow!  I'm wearing layers on layers. "Like cakes! Cakes have layers! Donkey!! Ogres are like onions!" (Shrek)
Alright I love you all and can't wait to see you all next week!  I love you so much and have a very Merry Christmas!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone


The temple during Christmas with the nativity in front.

Peterson and I after a long and rainy night of tracting

Västerhaninge Alla Dagar "Västerhaninge Everyday"

The tie burning ceremony



No comments:

Post a Comment