Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Email #24

Monday, December 1, 2014
Västerhaninge, Sweden


He is the Gift


Family! Have you heard anything about "He is the Gift" yet??? This is
some HUGE news so I'm gonna start it out with that. On Friday morning
we had Zone Training and the Zone Leaders presented us the "He is the
Gift Initiative" for this year. Do you all remember the Easter video
for this year called "Because of Him?" Well the church has come out
with a Christmas video called "He is the Gift." If you haven't seen it
yet... you need to. It's a must! You can go to christmas.mormon.org
and check it out! So what is going on with the initiative is that the
church is straight up just trying to flood the earth! The church has
bought advertisements on YouTube in the US, Colombia, Chile, Brazil,
Mexico, and a couple other countries. Sadly not Sweden but it will be
so dang cool! There will be a monthly advertisement in Times Square in
NYC and missionaries are going to receive some new "He is the Gift"
pass along cards. The Church is going all out with this initiative so
we need to take some initiative and share it with the world! If you
are reading this then that means I'm talking to you! If you go on
christmas.mormon.org you can post it to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,
and whatever else. It's really easy so go do it and #sharethegift.


Cool experience of the week... so I'm on the train the other day and I
contacted this man and woman in Swedish. We started talking about the
church and we had a good chat. I wasn't able to get their number
because they had to get off the train pretty soon after that but when
they left, a man turned to me and said, "You should have gotten their
number." I looked at him and I was so confused and just kinda laughed.
I didn't know what to say so I just said, "Wait, are you a member?"
Then he said, "Yeah I am! I'm from France! I asked him where he was
from and he said "Lyon!" I immediately thought of Elder James Taylor
serving in Lyon and so I asked him if he knew him. I knew it was a bit
of a long shot but then he said, "shorter, blonde hair?" I just said
"YES!!" It happened to be a mission leader in one of the strongest
wards in France and Elder Taylor served with him! How crazy is that?
His name is Toky and he went on about how much of a stellar missionary
Elder Taylor is. Didn't doubt it. Small world for real though!


Now I'm serving in Västerhaninge. It's right where the temple is so we
get to see it every day and that is definitely a pro. The ward is so
great! I kinda feel like a greenie again though because I don't know
anything about my area and I don't know anyone in the ward. We
actually had a ward christmas party (Swede's are on top of the
Christmas party) this past Saturday and I was able to meet a lot of
the members and it was really great! We were able to go to an American
couple's home for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and it was so great
to just speak English. Ha! In Zone Training on Friday we had a part
where we each stood up and told everyone about a family Thanksgiving
tradition and what they are grateful for. I told my Zone about the
Thanksgiving program that we do before we eat every year and then our
kneeling prayer before we eat together. That was something that I
missed this year. But something that I was grateful for is the
opportunity I have to be home for Christmas. Sweden is my home now and
I love it so much. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to
serve the Lord here in this blessed country and meet so many wonderful
people.


Well I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The Lord has truly
blessed us all so much so go out and #sharethegift of the Savior this
Christmas season. I love you all so much and am so grateful for each
one of you.


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

Our stockings for this year

Nativity at the Sweden Stockholm Temple

Toky and I on the train


No comments:

Post a Comment