Friday, December 26, 2014

Email #27

December 26, 2014
Västerhaninge, Sweden

Dear family,

Wow. These past two weeks have been incredible. Being here for Christmas was the greatest! I didn't think that anything could be any better but then I skype-d home for the first time.  That was honestly one of the coolest experiences of my life. When I first tried to call it didn't go through but then I got the call back I was so pumped!  When I accepted the call I started cracking up because all I heard was whistling, cheering, and other Featherstone-like noises that I remember from the White Elephant party. Oye oye oye oye oye oye ahhhhhhh!!!! I couldn't believe that I was actually talking right to you guys! It was the greatest thing ever! I love you all so much. I miss you all but I know that this is the place that the Lord needs me to be right now.

Speaking of being here in Sweden... the other weekend I had the opportunity to do a baptismal interview with a woman that the sisters here in Västerhaninge have been working with. She is from Cambodia and has lived here in Sweden for about 2 years. After the interview the sisters asked me if I would baptize her. I was so excited! Sweden is a tough place and people aren't that open so it's pretty rare when you find someone who is as prepared as Chhunkry. I was able to do the baptism and everything went super well! It was a really cool experience because after she came out of the water she just said, "I feel so clean." It is such a wonderful opportunity we have each week to go and renew our baptismal covenants and refocus on what is important if we've had a tough week.

Overall, everything is going really well in Sweden! It's dark, cold, and the greatest place ever! I'm absolutely loving it! We're working with a man from Kenya named Mich so if you could keep him in your prayers I would be so grateful! I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful break!

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! Merry Christmas Bedford Falls! Merry Christmas USA!

Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone








No comments:

Post a Comment