Monday, January 19, 2015

Email #29

January 12, 2015
Västerhaninge, Sweden


The Lord's Hand in His Work


This week has been such a humbling one. We have seen the Lord's hand in every aspect of his work. I have been trying to focus on the little things that happen every day that the Lord has blessed us with and I cannot believe how amazing it has been. There is an investigator in Västerhaninge named Birgitte who has been in contact with the church for over 30 years but hasn't ever been baptized. It's been hard to get in contact with her and get a lesson set up so calling her isn't the best option. We ended up getting a hold of her one day and being able to set up a lesson. We were even able to get a member there for the lesson. We went over to her house and ended up having a great lesson about the Book of Mormon. Oliver (the member who went with us) was so helpful with the lesson and it wouldn't have gone as well if he hadn't been there. The lesson went great and the Spirit was so strong. I think she knows deep down that the church is true but she struggles with the fact that there is more than the Bible. It went well and she even accepted the invitation to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. The lesson was about to end and then I thought of something that happened a couple weeks ago. We had Zone Conference…


Äldste Featherstone is currently busy playing ping pong so I'm taking over for now. I just want to say that you have a great and fantastic son and brother! One of the most loving persons I've ever met. He's also one of the most loved persons I've ever met. You can be proud of him! / Äldste Sahlin (The Swede)


... a while back and during the conference the Assistants talked to us about being bold and not being afraid to extend the baptismal commitment during the first lesson. I had only been with this investigator once before in another lesson and so I thought it would be a great opportunity to extend the baptismal commitment. It was hard for some reason because I wasn't extremely close to her and I didn't want to scare her away. I decided to invite her and she actually accepted. An investigator who has been investigating on and off for 30 years accepted baptism. Hopefully she will continue to progress so keep her in your prayers.


So we have only been able to meet with Mich once and I was getting kinda disappointed with how everything was going with him. I had called him so many times and I didn't want to get annoying so I kinda blew that one off. On Saturday night we were eating some dinner and I was just thinking about what to do with him. Later that night I decided I was going to call him one last time and invite him to church. I picked up the phone reluctantly because I didn't really want to talk to him again and be shut down. I called him and asked him if he had any plans tomorrow. He said he didn't. I asked him if he wanted to come to church tomorrow by chance and he said, "Actually, I was already planning on it." At first I thought I had something stuck in my ears. Sorry, come again? I was so pumped that he was going to come to church. On Sunday I was looking around for him but didn't see any sign of him. The ward asked me to pass the sacrament so I was in the middle of passing the sacrament and I see this duder walk in. It was Mich and I got so excited. How cool is that?? Mich came to church and we were able to teach him the Restoration during the second hour.  While we were sitting in that lesson I had that Zone Conference flash through my mind again and so I decided I wasn't going to flake out and not commit him to baptism. Long story short, we gave him the baptismal invitation and he accepted so he's going to get baptized!! We don't have a baptismal date with him yet but we're hoping to get one soon.


I know that the Lord is truly involved in His work. There have been so many miracles occurring here in Västerhaninge that I am truly grateful for. I hope all of you have a great week! You're always in my prayers!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment