Monday, January 19, 2015

Email #30

January 19, 2015
Västerhaninge, Sweden
Family!
This week was a good one! We started out the week and in the first three days we had almost hit all of our goals for the week. It was amazing! I called Birgitte to see if we could come by and teach her again and she said that she was actually going to call us. It was a sad call and she said that she wanted to do her own thing right now. It was sad to hear. It was really hard to swallow because she seemed so positive but we can't force her to do anything. Hopefully she will pull through, but for now she's on standby. After that we had a tough couple of days with finding and getting lessons but that all changed on Sunday. The lesson in Elders Quorum was on "Praying Always" but it was tied in mostly to missionary work. We were able to ask a few questions and get some answers on how we can build the relationship with the ward. It was a great lesson and I think that the Elders Quorum and the missionaries are now on the same page which is great. After church we had lesson after lesson after lesson and we were struggling to get everywhere. It was incredible and we got half of the amount of lessons that we wanted throughout the week... in one day. It was super neat and we ended the week on a high.
I have started to read in the New Testament and I am loving it! The words of the Savior are so powerful and it always gives me more motivation to try to be more like Him. The gospel is happiness and I know that if we live the commandments and principles that the Savior taught, we will feel His love and we will truly feel happy. Earlier this week I was able to finish the Book of Mormon. I just wanted to bear my testimony to you all and say that I know that the Book of Mormon is true! It is true! Every time I read it I become closer to my Heavenly Father and my Savior and my testimony gets stronger and more deeply rooted in this wonderful gospel. Elder Russell M. Nelson once said, "Do you want to get rid of a bad habit? Do you want to improve relationships in your family? Do you want to increase your spiritual capacity? Read the Book of Mormon! It will bring you closer to the Lord and His loving power." I know it is true! I know that if we read it, we will feel His love and His Spirit. Maybe we could do a family reading together. Let me know what you think.
I love you all so much I can't even express it in words. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone


The boys that we play soccer with on Thursday nights. They are refugees from the middle eastern countries and don't have a lot but they love playing fotboll. We can't really communicate very well with them because all they speak is Persian but we get away with high fives, low fives, fist bumps, chest bumps, annnddd.. the works. It's a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment