Monday, March 2, 2015

Email #36

March 3, 2015
Västerhaninge, Sweden


Family! Wow this week was absolutely incredible! It has been a ride! We were able to teach so much this week which was so wonderful! I want to tell you about The Miracle of the Pass Along Card.


This past week had it's ups and downs but it ended with a bang. And when I mean bang I'm talkin' like an EXPLOSION! That's how cool it was! Ha! But yesterday we were at church. Elder Burton and I had a lot of investigators that just weren't progressing so we decided that we needed to focus on getting a new teaching pool set up. We had been doing our best to just find people. Earlier in the week I learned a very important lesson from Elder Burton. My whole mission I had just kind of thought of contacting people as just talking to them. We would be walking down the street together and I would say, "Alright Elder, you're going to talk to the next person we see." I had just thought of it as "talking" with people. Every time we would be on the street, Elder Burton would turn to me and say, "You want to go share the gospel with that person." It just made me step back and think about what we're really out here to do. We're out here to "share the gospel" instead of just "talk" with people. Every time he would say that, it would just wake me up a little bit and I would just think about how important and how wonderful this message is that we have to share with the people of Sweden and with everyone on the earth. The Prophet Joseph Smith said it best. "Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free."


Later in the week we had church. The Sunday meetings were great but we weren't able to get any investigators there. I was kinda bummed out. We picked up our coats and were just about to head out the door when we met a man who was right outside the door. I didn't recognize him and he seemed a little confused. We talked a little bit and we found out that he was a non member but he wanted to know a little about the church. He talked to missionaries and they just gave him a pass along card on the street quick. About a week later he came to the church. He lives in a place called Tunglesta and he went to the church in Tungelsta looking for the church that was on the card. They told him that the church he was looking for was in Västerhaninge. Arman ended up going to Västerhaninge (a nearby city) looking for the church. He went to the Swedish Church chapel and they told him that the church he was looking for was over on the southeast side of town. Later we had a lesson with him and a member that speaks Persian from Iran so he was able to listen to the message in his native tongue. When we were with him he said that he was about to throw the card in his coat pocket away but "a feeling in his heart told him that he shouldn't and he needed to go find this church." Tonight we were able to have a lesson with another Persian speaker from Iran and Arman accepted the baptismal invitation. Armar is going to be baptized on the 28th of March.


The Lord is always preparing people to receive the Gospel. Elder Burton and I didn't have anything to do with the initial meeting with Arman but I know that the Lord was preparing him to receive the Gospel. Missionary work is the best! I love this country, I love this church, I love my Savior.


I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you all so much!


Strength and Honor


Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone


No comments:

Post a Comment