Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Email #44

April 27, 2015        
Vasterhaninge, Sweden


Family!

This week was so great! We have seen the work here in Västerhaninge progress and the work is absolutely BOOMING! It's so cool to see and it's exciting to see where it's going from here. I have been in Västerhaninge for about six months so I will most likely be transferred soon. It's really sad and I'm going to miss these people here so much but I am excited to see what's going to happen next in the two year adventure of Elder Featherstone in Sweden. It's gonna be sweet! So PONY UP!


Last P-day we went up to Stockholm to check out the "cherry blossoms." There is a specific type of flower that is famous here in Sweden! They bloom about this time of year and then they are gone within a couple days, so everyone goes to Kungsträdsgården to check out the cherry blossoms. I'll send a pic or two of them because they were actually really cool!


On Tuesday I was able to go on splits with Lars Holst who is the ward mission leader in Västerhaninge. We decided that we were going to travel down to Nynäshamn and then swing by less-actives all night long. Between Lars and I, and Elder Burton and Henrik Sahlin, we were able to beat our goal for less-actives in a week in just three hours. It was incredible! Lars and I decided that we wanted to swing by a less-active man named Rodney that I had never met before. We were on our way to their house when I just had a thought to call an investigator to check in and see when we could meet again. I picked up the phone, called Arman, talked to him for a few, and then hung up. There was nothing special about the phone call. While I was on the phone, a woman with her two teenagers were walking by us. Lars decided to ask them if they knew who "Rodney" was and the woman said, "Yeah... that's my husband!" They were so gracious, walked us to their house, and let us in. We ended up meeting Rodney and the entire family. Rodney was baptized when he was eight but then his family went less-active so he didn't know much about the church. His wife, son, and daughter are all non-members. We talked for a little bit and it was absolutely incredible! They were so amazing and they said that we could definitely come back again and share our message with them. I left the house with Lars and I was so pumped! There was no way that any of that should have happened! There was no way that we met them at that specific time and place. It was amazing and I couldn't believe it all happened. I turned to Lars and said, "How neat was that?" "HOW NEAT WAS THAT?" I was filled with a feeling of so much joy I just wanted to yell, "YEAH!!!" I actually turned to Lars and said, "We're gonna yell together at the count of three... 1...2...3... "YEEEHAWWWW!!" I was so excited and I still couldn't believe it all happened like it did. I said a little prayer to Heavenly Father, thanking him for orchestrating that meeting. It was all Him and I know that.


Yesterday, I spoke in Sacrament Meeting. I shared a quote from President Kimball that goes like this: "“Now is the moment in the timetable of the Lord to carry the gospel farther than it has ever been carried before. … Many a person in this world is crying, knowingly and unknowingly, ‘Come over … and help us.’ He might be your neighbor. She might be your friend. He might be a relative. She might be someone you met only yesterday. But we have what they need. Let us take new courage from our studies and pray, as did Peter, 'And now, Lord, ... grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word'"


I know that we are all in this work together. I hope we can all do our part and have the courage to take the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the world. He will not let us down.


I love you all. Hope you have such a great week!


Strength and Honor          
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

Splits with Lars

The cherry blossoms in Stockholm

Found this random lion that I took a picture with
Elder Burton and I last P-day in Stockholm



No comments:

Post a Comment