Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Email #41

April 6, 2015
Vasterhaninge, Sweden


Family!

This week has been so dang cool! We have had so much success here in Västerhaninge! General Conference was absolutely incredible! It was Easter weekend! I'm a pretty happy camper right now. It has been such a solid week! I don't have a ton of time so I'm going to go back to the famous "5 point method." Ready... GO!

1. General Conference was so great! I always learn so much and I am so grateful for the brethren. I have so much trust in the brethren and the prophet. "Follow the prophet. Follow the prophet. Follow the prophet, he knows the way!" It's so true and I'm so grateful for the leadership that we have in the church. They always help me open my eyes and give me a new motivation and resolution to be better. I can't wait to read back over their talks.

2. So there has been a little change this past weekend. Sadly, there was an elder that had to go home to the U.S. for some medical reasons. Now we have another elder hopping on the Västerhaninge bus for the next little while. It's going to be interesting with three elders teaching, contacting, doing everything together, but I'm really excited to work with Elder Bliss as well! It's going to be a great experience!

3. Arman, our investigator, is back from Germany so we are going to continue teaching him. We are planning for him to be baptized on the 25th so we're going to continue to work towards that date. He is such a stud and we're excited for it all!

4. A little while back we contacted a Chilean man on the street and ended up finding out that he was a priest/preacher for the Svenska Kyrkan in a ward with about 200 people. (The Swedish Church) We were actually able to get his phone number, set up a lesson, and teach him all within a few days. It was absolutely incredible! We weren't really sure how we were going to go through the whole "lesson" thing with a Swedish Church preacher but we just had a prayer and went for it. Ended up teaching him about the Book of Mormon and committed him to read it. We committed a Swedish Church preacher to read the Book of Mormon. It was so dang cool! The Spirit was so strong during the lesson and after it all happened I turned to Äldste Burton and said, "Woah... did that really just happen." We have another lesson with him so we'll see how it goes! Really exciting!

5. So that is about it for the week. I am so grateful for the opportunity that we have had to celebrate the Resurrection of the Savior. He truly does live and I know that we can find him through the scriptures, prayer, and church.


I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment