Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Email #40


March 30, 2015
Vasterhaninge, Sweden

Family!


This week was just top-notch! It's not a big surprise because Elder Featherstone is gonna stay in Västerhaninge another six weeks! There wasn't much buzz around the transfer happening on April 1st this time around. In a recent interview with the elder in the Southern Stockholm Stake his only comments were, "Västerhaninge, bring it on!"


Well... you hear it here first folks! I'm staying here in Västerhaninge! I didn't know I could come to love an area and a ward more. These people are so dear to me and it's going to be sad when I have to leave them. I will have spent a fourth of my mission right here with these people of the Västerhaninge Ward and it has been my favorite four months of my mission! I feel like the members here are family. They really are my family now and I love them all so much! Shout out to the members in VH!


Things with Arman are still going really well! He is continuing to read the Book of Mormon and he's loving it! The church actually isn't finished with the Persian translation of the Book of Mormon so it's a little tough to teach from it because we're not really sure what parts are and are not in the book. It's all good though! We are still really excited for the 25th of April because Arman is going to be baptized. I'm so grateful that I will be able to be here to witness it. It will be absolutely incredible! I'm looking forward to it! Arman is so great and has truly been prepared by the Lord to receive the Gospel.


I'm not sure how many of you know, but the church has come out with a new video for Easter. This video has been such a blessing to the missionary force because we are actually able to show it to people right on the street with the iphone. Sometimes we will go up to someone and say, "Excuse us, but we're the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we're showing people a quick video about Easter. Can we show that to you?" There have been so many that are willing to watch a video about Christ and we are able to testify to all of them that Christ actually does live. It has been so wonderful. If you haven't seen it then go watch it! Post it on social media! It has been so neat to share the true message of Easter with the people of Västerhaninge and help them feel of God's love for each of them. The video is called "Because He Lives."


This week I have been reading a lot out of the New Testament. I took almost an entire hour of personal study on Saturday and just read out of Luke and John. It has been so amazing to read about the Master and what he did and said when he was on the earth. I feel like I have come so much closer to him just during this past week. "Why seek ye the living among the dead?  He is not here, but is risen." As I have read about the Savior this past week it has become more real to me personally.  He actually does live today. I know that. He is there for us. All we need to do is reach out. He lives! There is so much power is those simple words. I know He lives and I am truly grateful for everything He has done and continues to do for me. I am grateful for the power of the Atonement in my life. I'm grateful for Him. He lives. He lives! I just want to shout it because this is the message that we have for the world! I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have in His church and the blessings that we receive because He lives. Everything is possible because He lives.


I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
Sweden Stockholm Mission
            Hahaha our Ward Council is the best!  


Elder Lundquist and I

Elders James, Featherstone, Lundquist, Burton, Peterson, and Sisters Lund, and Poulson. The missionaries in our district

No comments:

Post a Comment