Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Email #47

May 18, 2015
Skelleftea, Sweden


Family!


This week has been absolutely jam packed! Transfers have come and gone and I am now serving in a place called "Skellefteå." It's about 500 miles away from Västerhaninge so it's a pretty big change. BUT... I'm going to start from the beginning so hang on!


The last Sunday in Västerhaninge was pretty sad. I didn't think I would get so close to so many members. I'm really going to miss the members in Västerhaninge but I have no doubt that Elder Burton will take care of the ward and the members down there. I'll be back in Stockholm one day no doubt!


On Wednesday, Elder Burton and I headed up to Stockholm Central Station to catch my train from Stockholm to the airport. T-central is a busy place every six weeks with transfers and there is always a missionary or two or twenty there. I was able to see a bunch of missionary buddies that I haven't seen for a long time so that was fun. Now an absolutely amazing thing happened right before I was about to leave from Stockholm to the airport. I was talking to a missionary, when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone that looked familiar. I looked over and I saw our investigator Arman! I yelled, "Arman!!!" I ran over and gave him a hug. It was absolutely incredible because we hadn't been able to get in contact with him for about a week. We had called him several times throughout the week and nothing happened. On Tuesday, I called him one last time because I wanted to say goodbye before I left to Skellefteå but no answer. I wasn't able to see him and then I just happened to run into him in the middle of Stockholm Central! It was a miracle! I talked to him for a little while and he said that he was in Göteborg (the west coast of Sweden) for a week and wasn't able to get in contact with us. He also told me that he finally is able to travel to Iran to pick up his son and take him back to Sweden. I had been praying for him to be able to go to Iran and for things to work out so he could see his son again. Arman hasn't seen his son in over five years so it will be an amazing reunion. Also, when Arman gets back to Sweden he will be able to be baptized. It is such a blessing from heaven and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that everything was able to work out the way it did. My train was leaving soon so I gave him one last hug and said, "It's all true, Arman." I bore a quick testimony and it was a very neat moment. Arman is such an amazing person! I cannot wait until he will be able to see his son again and be baptized in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.


I got on my train to the airport and woah... was that a journey! Ha! I got a little lost and couldn't find my airplane so I decided to ask the information desk for help. They turned me in the right direction, I picked up my bags, looked up and heard someone say, "Hey Elder!" It really takes you by surprise when that happens! Ha! I looked and there was a father and a daughter from Eagle, Idaho that were in the airport! We talked for a little while and wow... is it weird to talk to Americans. I was cracking up because it felt so weird to speak English. They actually ended up knowing one of my buddies from back home, Nate Kent! Super crazy connection. Well I got on my train and ended up making it safe and sound to Skelefteå. Honestly, this is such an amazing place! It felt a little weird showing up to church and there only being 4 members there but they are all so great and I'm so grateful to be here.


Elder Hansen and I both doubled into this area so we honestly have no idea what is going on. Ha! One day, we had a lesson set up with a member and ended up getting there about an hour earlier than we needed to. I looked at Elder Hansen and said, "Well... should we knock some doors?" We spent the next hour knocking doors and the Lord blessed us so much! We knocked on a specific door and it was a young girl from Eritrea, Africa. We told her that we were missionaries with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and that we're sharing a message about Christ's restored gospel on the earth today. She didn't really know what to say so she said, "Well... do you want to come in?" I looked at Elder Hansen in unbelief, looked back at her and said, "Yeah, that would be great!" We ended up teaching Feven and her brother Filmon about the Restoration and it was incredible! They are so neat! We are hoping to meet with them again next week. We have already met so many amazing people here in Skellefteå and the Lord truly is hastening his work here. Skellefteå hasn't baptized in a while but I know that the Lord can help us do it here!


Well, I hope you all have a great week! I have a friend named Elder Oates who is an Elder from Pleasant Grove, Utah who is serving a temple mission with his wife in Västerhaninge. Every time I would shake his hand at church I would ask him how he was doing. Every time his response was the same. "I'm doing just great because the gospel is true." Hope you all have a great week because "the gospel is true!" I love you all!


Strength and Honor

Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment