Monday, May 25, 2015

Email #48

May 25, 2015
Skelleftea, Sweden


Family!


We have had an absolutely incredible week! Skellefteå is the greatest place and I love it so much! There is a pretty big difference between Västerhaninge and Skelleftea but the Lord truly is hastening his work here as well.


Tuesday was a day of miracles! Well, everyday is a day of miracles but WOAH... Tuesday was amazing! We had a couple phone numbers saved in the phone that we didn't know anything about so we decided to call them up. We scheduled a couple of appointments and one of them was in a city called Skelleftehamn. It's about a 20 minute drive from Skellefteå but the problem is... we don't have cars. We have bikes. SO! We started the trek down there and biked down to Skelleftehamn. It took a little over an hour to get there on a bike. We got off our bikes, walked into the building, knocked on Adrian's door, and he let us in. Adrian is from Albania but has lived in Sweden for a couple of years. He can't speak Swedish very well so we took the lesson in English. We started teaching him the Restoration and he was accepting everything very well. A few minutes into the lesson his 14 year old son walked in, sat down, and we started teaching him too. A couple more minutes passed and Adrian's wife walked in the door as well. She sat down and next thing we knew we were teaching the entire family. We taught them the Restoration and they loved it. This family is among the most humble I have ever met in my life. They moved to Sweden to escape the religious persecution they were experiencing back in Albania. Because the UE thinks that everything in Albania is under control they want to send Adrian and his family back. Apparently they would just experience everything all over again and they don't want that. We asked them to read out of the Book of Mormon as a family and pray to know of it's truthfulness and they accepted. They are truly being prepared by the Lord and I hope everything will continue to progress.


Last week we met a lady named Irene from Uganda. We met Irene while tracting so we decided to swing by again on Tuesday night. We taught Irene about the Restoration and she committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.


I started the New Testament a couple months ago and I'm almost finished. I have really tried to dive in and understand and the scriptures have come alive. On Friday I read a scripture that I loved. It's in 1 Timothy 6:12. "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." After I read it, I asked myself "How can I "fight the good fight of faith" and "lay hold on eternal life."" I think it's interesting that it says "whereunto thou art called." It's an invitation to everyone from the Savior. He has "called" us to "lay hold on eternal life." Let us fight the good fight of faith and follow the Savior. I know he is there next to us and will help us in our desire to fight for him.


I love you all and I hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
Seeing Arman in T-Centralen
Michael Hultgren and I in Västerhaninge (Michael served his mission in Saint George and is one of my heroes.)
 Playing Tennis on my last p-day in Stockholm

No comments:

Post a Comment