Thursday, June 18, 2015

Email #51

 June 15, 2015
Skellefteå, Sweden


Family!


This week has been so neat! Honestly, there has been so much happening here in Skellefteå and I can't even describe how much the Lord has blessed us here. I just wanted to start out with the highlight of the week.


On Wednesday I went on splits with Elder Israelsen who is actually an elder who is in my MTC group. We entered the MTC the same day, came to Sweden the same day, and there have been a lot of memories with Elder Israelsen so I was excited to finally go on splits with him. So on Wednesday, we took a bus down to a city called Sikeå to meet the Zone Leaders so we could go on splits. It's about an hour and 15 minute bus ride back to Skellefteå so it was quite the trip. While Elder Israelsen and I were waiting for the bus to come get us in Sikeå we contacted this woman who was waiting for the same bus back to Skellefteå. Her name was Ellinore. We talked to her for a little while and found out that she is actually from Iraq but has lived in Sweden for about six years. When people come from Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, or other Middle-Eastern countries, they are most likely going to be Muslim. We kept talking and she said she was Muslim but actually converted to Christianity. She thought it was so neat that we were just two young kids from America talking to people about religion. Later, the bus came and we all hopped on it. We sat down across the walkway from Ellinore and we kept talking. Elder Israelsen and I started teaching her about the Restoration and what makes our religion different from others in the world. She was incredibly positive and loved the story about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was trying my best to testify and allow her to feel the spirit and the truthfulness of our message. The spirit was definitely there throughout that entire discussion on the bus. After we talked about Joseph Smith, Ellinore said, "That is so interesting. I'm not sure if you do this or not but... do you think we could meet sometime and talk more about this?" I couldn't believe what just came out of her mouth. I looked at Elder Israelsen and in my mind I said, "This is completely insane! No way!" I looked back at Ellinore and said, "Uhhh... yeah. We actually do!" Ha! Then we pulled out the Book of Mormon and started talking about it. After we taught her about the Book of Mormon she said, "Can you take my phone number or email address so we can talk more?" I still could not believe what was happening. We ended up teaching her about the Restoration during the entire hour and a half bus ride. It was absolutely incredible.


There are so many people that we meet from the Middle-East and I have grown to love them so much. Arman comes from Iran and is one of my closest friends out here. In Västerhaninge, we would play soccer with refugees from all over the world but they were mostly from Iran, Afghanistan, and the Middle-East. They would teach me some Persian and Arabic every one and a while so I can talk to people a little bit in Arabic and Persian which is pretty neat. I love these people so much though! They are so amazing and so many of them are prepared to hear the amazing message we have.


We have been blessed so much by the Lord. The work in Skellefteå is going forward and I'm really excited to see where it's going from here.


I love you and and hope you have a stellar week! Keep up the good work!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
The real Golden Gate Bridge

The Arctic Circle. We made it!

Taking elevator selfies. Haha

Year mark! Burning a shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment