Monday, July 13, 2015

Email #55

July 13, 2015
Skelleftea, Sweden


HOLY SCHNIKES!!


This was a crazy week!! We were hardly in our area all week but a lot happened so I'll get right into it...


Last Tuesday we had a specialized Zone Training with the Assistants and President and Sister Beckstrand here in the Norrland Zone. We found out that the Sweden Stockholm Mission is the 7th largest mission in the world, geographically. Craziness! And we are in the Zone that covers half of the country! Norrland baby!!


President has been wanting to work closer with the missionaries so he came up and did a special training with a huge emphasis on the Book of Mormon. Since I have been on my mission, I have found a huge love for the scriptures and especially the Book of Mormon. Every morning I get up, I look forward to spending an hour in the scriptures and PMG. It's the coolest thing ever! When I was back home, I was such a little stinker with scripture study. I love the scriptures!! I talked to Mom about this already today but even if it's a chapter a day, it helps. Even if it's 10 verses. Everyone has 10 minutes out of their day to read. It doesn't matter who you are, how busy you are, or anything else.  You have time to read the scriptures. I've seen such an amazing difference in reading the scriptures on my mission and they really do come alive. I love reading the scriptures and I was pretty dumb to not read them every day when I was back home. They're our gateway to blessings! And if we don't read them then the Lord already can't help us. That is what I have learned. If we want help, we should be trying to find those answers for help through the scriptures. I remember hearing someone say, "Why would the Lord give us the answer to something in some other way if it is already in the scriptures?" Something that I'm so excited for when I get back home is to have scripture study with Mom and Dad in the morning. It's gonna be SWEET!! The scriptures are true and they can help us!


Alright, now that I talked about that... OH... the Book of Mormon. Well, President has been putting a huge emphasis on the Book of Mormon and why we need to use it as much as possible. That's what makes us different. If we don't have the Book of Mormon then we're just two funny lookin' kids in white shirts and ties talking about religion. We have the message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and we share that with the Book of Mormon. Elder Purkey and I have been able to teach so many lessons on the street by just having the Book of Mormon in hand. That book never leaves my hand when I walk out the door in the morning! That's what we're here to talk about.


After Zone Training, I drove from Umeå to Stockholm with Elder Noso and Elder Israelsen because I had to renew my visa for another year in Sweden! Giddy up!! It was like 7 hours in the car and then 2 1/2 hours by bus to Umeå in the first place. Whew... a lot of traveling. So we renewed the visa and were able to teach a lesson right there in the "Visa renew-ing place" called the "Migrationsverket." Elder Israelsen and I taught a lady that was from NYC but had lived here for over 30 years. She was African-American and was cracking me up with her African/American/Swedish slang. Pretty funny! He a "INOMHUS CAT!" (Indoor cat) We asked her if she would allow missionaries to come over and share a message about Christ with her. "Nahhh..." "Can we leave this book with you that we talked to you about?" "Nahhh..." I asked her why not and her response was, "It'll just sit on my bookshelf for 10 years." Elder Israelsen and I had talked about this earlier on the car drive down to Stockholm and how a Book of Mormon on their bookshelf would be better than a Book of Mormon sitting on ours. I looked at her and said, "Ok, why don't you do that?" and handed her the book. I said, "Go home, put this on your shelf, and then when you look back in 10 years and you have nothing else to do, I want you to read a page. One page." She said, "Ok, I promise you I will read a page." then she took the book. Persistence works! Ha! But it was super neat and she was super nice about it. On Thursday, Elder Israelsen and I drove "the man van" (the van that moves the missionaries all over the mission when they move apartments) alllll the way back up to Umeå. It was a long and tiring week but Elder Purkey and I are ready to hit it hard this next week.


OH... my S/O this week goes to my favorite person ever, Annie!! It was her birthday!! Happy birthday Annie! I love you!


I love you all! I hope you have a great week!
Strength and Honor           Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
Toothpaste party with Elder Halterman and Svensson

Elder Noso, Israelsen, and I fillin' up with gas.

My trainer, Elder Krebs and I. Probably the last time I'll see him. I love that kid!

Took a selfie with our investigator Alfa right before we taught him this week.

1 comment:


  1. Us visa renewal after 10 yearsGet Your visa renewal done in less than 3 hours from the time you make your embassy payment. payment after processing your application. we deal with american USA visa renewal services in India mainly in Hyderabad Delhi Mumbai Chennai kolkata.

    ReplyDelete