Friday, August 7, 2015

Email #58

August 3, 2015
Skellefteå to Umeå, Sweden


Family!!


Holy cow!! Sounds like you all had such an amazing week! And I feel like Noah is the MVP on this one. "You da real MVP." You were a missionary in the Dallas Texas Mission! That is so dang cool! Like... I'm super jealous! Sounds like you had such an amazing time! Can't wait until you get to experience it when you get your call to Sweden! ;) Haha alright maybe not Sweden... I still think you're going to Denmark lil bro! We can speak our Scandinavian languages together. Talk about SWEET! SO! This week's S/O definitely goes to my favorite people in the state of TEXAS! BT, Jiller, Joey, and Brooklyn!! And the rest of the Taylor Crew! You guys are the best! You definitely have a fan out here in Sweden cheering you on! Keep up the good work down there President Taylor!


Transfers hit here in Sweden. They’ve come and gone and I am leaving this beautiful city of Skellefteå. President called me on Friday and told me that I am going to be moving to a city called Umeå as a Zone Leader there. Umeå is like the capital city of Norrland and from the word around the block, it's considered to be "Zion" here in the Sweden Stockholm Mission. So... I am super pumped! It's going to be an adventure! Norrland baby!!! It's the best!! Umeå isn't that far from Skellefteå so I'll still be able to visit when I go on splits with the elders here. Speaking of elders coming here... Elder Burton who was my companion in Västerhaninge for three months is going to replace me here. I was his trainer down in VH and now he's just gonna follow me up to Norrland from Stockholm. Elder Burton is a stud and we have a RIOT together so it's gonna be a lot of fun when he comes to join the missionaries of the arctic north!! It's actually still really nice here... but in a few months. We gon see sum snow baby! I'm stoked for Umeå! It's gonna be sweet! I'm also going to miss Skellefteå a lot though. I have learned so much here and I feel like I have grown a lot. It's been such an amazing experience here! I've loved it... and I'm STILL LOVIN' it!


Elder Purkey and I had an absolutely amazing week up here in Skellefteå! We have been working with a man named Sebastian who is Swedish and we set up a baptismal date with him which is SUPER neat! I'm SO pumped! He is such a stud! Also, we have been meeting with a man named Evenel who comes from Haiti! We set up another baptismal date with him so now SKELLEFTEÅ IS ON THE DOP BOARD!!! (The word "dop" means baptism in Swedish.) We have seen this area grow so much and it's amazing to see where it is now! It's not going anywhere but UP right now! Super sweet! Elder Purkey and I taught the Sunday School lesson in church yesterday and we shared our experiences from the past week and just explained how much the Lord has been blessing us lately. Elder Purkey was talking with a member named Bengt after the lesson and Bengt said that of all the twelve years that he has lived in Skellefteå, never has he seen missionaries that have been doing so much and have been having so much success as we have. That meant a lot. Since I've been out on a mission... I've realized... we're not doing ANYTHING! Like... we're just the mouth-pieces for the Lord. The last few weeks here have been amazing. I literally can't describe it any other way but that the Lord is hastening his work up here in Norrland.


We are also working with a dude named Osman who is SUPER positive. He actually comes from Gambia which is a small country on the western coast of Africa. He's such a STUD! Like... as Megan would say... (I don't know why but I just feel like she would say this word...) everyone we're working with... they're just "studly." All studs! Love these guys to death. Anyway... we contacted him last week and talked to him about the Book of Mormon. He was super interested in what the book was so we started teaching him and he is progressing so well! We are hoping to get a baptismal date with him this week before I leave. I'm so glad I'm going to Umeå because I'll still be able to see all these people be baptized. It's "quacktastic" as Dad would say. Haha


Hey so yeah... that's about it! I hope you all have such a killer week! Go show the world what's up! I love you all!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
A Japanese family that came to church yesterday in Skellefteå! I translated for the Dad who bore his testimony which was really neat. We had 15 people in church yesterday which was the most since I've been here! So sweet!!

Our zone volleyball tournament last P-day in Umeå. Elder Purkey and I came out on top as the best companionship in the zone! Huzzah! Haha

My boy Saif and I. Saif comes from Palestine and is a good friend up in Skellefteå. I call him "Diesel" because I think he looks like Vin Diesel.

Met these two Italian guys on the street that are walking from Italy to Norway. I asked him why they're doing it and he said, "Why not?" I laughed and said, "Good answer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment