Monday, August 17, 2015

Email #60

August 17, 2015
Umeå, Sweden


Tjena allihopa!!


Woah... like... that week FLEW by! Haha I honestly feel like I was here emailing y'all yesterday. I'm serious... that was probably the fastest week of my mission so far. Crazy! Hey... but speaking of flying... on Tuesday we had MLC so Elder Kapp and I hopped on that plane and flew down to Stockholm. We spent P-day with the Pence family who's from the Logan area but has been living here in Sweden for the past few months. We had a ton of fun with them. We slept at the office and then we had MLC the next morning.


ACTUALLY... I'm gonna back up. Tuesday morning was SWEET! We woke up and played TENNIS for morning exercise! I'm gonna be a tennis dude for a second. I'm not sure if anyone remembers but a while back, Elder Burton and I were in a tripan with Elder Bliss for a week. He's an office elder right now so we ended up playing tennis together. Bliss played first singles for Delta High and then we also played with Elder Burke who played first singles for Riverton High. Long story short... we played hard annnnddd... yeah. A ton of fun.


Alright... back to Sweden. This week was completely insane! I know I say that every week but it was INSANE!! All good though.


MLC was PRIME! Loved it! We talked about a ton of different things but we mostly focused on the importance of contacting and our role as leaders in the mission, how we can become better, etc. We read a talk from President Uchtdorf from the April 2010 General Conference called "You are my hands." It's a solid talk! President Uchtdorf talked about how we can be "the Lord's hands."


Later that night, Elder Kapp and I prepped for our zone training in Umeå on Thursday. It's pretty much just taking everything we learned at MLC and taking it to the zone. It went really well and I felt really good about it. Hopefully we got the zone pumped to go baptize this entire ZONE! The Norrland Zone is more than half of the country of Sweden just because it's not as populated. SO... we have a lot of area to cover. I believe that our zone has the best missionaries in the mission right up here in Norrland! It's amazing to see what's happening here!


Everything in Umeå has been incredible! The work is booming here and we have six people on date to be baptized which is super exciting! Also... I JUST got a call from Elder Burton saying that Arman (our investigator in Västerhaninge) can finally get baptized!! Arman doesn't have to go back to Iran anymore and his son is coming over to Sweden now so he can get baptized and he can baptize his son in two years when he turns 8. Burton said that Arman brought three friends to church yesterday which is such a miracle. He is one of the greatest people I have met! It is such a blessing that he is going to be able to be baptized now. We have Zone Conference in two weeks in Stockholm so Elder Burton and I are going to try to figure out if we could possibly go to the baptism. Such a tender mercy of the Lord that Arman can be baptized now.


Everything else is just great! The weather is great! The work is great! The branch is great! I'm a pretty happy camper up here in Umeå. We're just working hard and trying to get those people in the water! It's pretty exciting.


Hope everything is going well back home! I love you all! Hope you have a killer week! Make it happ'n capt'n!!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
Elder Kapp and I on the plane down to Stockholm

Elder Hemmingsen and I at MLC

More ballin' pics

Contacted a guy the other day and we played ball. #swoosh The paparazzi was all over me. Haha 
These are my boys from the MTC. We all came to Sweden together. Elder Israelsen, Burgin, and Archibald.

No comments:

Post a Comment