Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Email #65

September 21, 2015
Umeå, Sweden


Livet som en missionär är en äventyr HELA TIDEN!


For those who don't speak Swedish (S/O to everyone who can. AKA... all the Swedes, a couple Finns... AND... the Mormon missionaries) that sentence up there means "life as a missionary is an adventure THE ENTIRE TIME!" Honestly, I don't think I've laughed so hard this past week. It has been such a blast!


Transfers have come and gone and Elder Dahle is the new comp up in Umeå. Dahle is from Orlando, Florida so that helps when someone says... "Ha... ha! Mormons! You guys born and raised in Utah huh?" Not that I'm ashamed of my good ol' Utah... BUT... I usually pull the "I'm from the greater... Las Vegas area" card. Saint George is closer to Las Vegas so I usually pull that one. Haha ANYWAY... Elder Dahle and I have been doing a lot of work and having a lot of success this past week.


Earlier this week, during the "get to know you and small talk" phase of the companionship, I asked Elder Dahle, "Hey Elder Dahle! What's your first name? Uhhh... I go by Adam but my real name is Michael. No way! You're serious! Like... Adam Adam?" I'm not sure why but I was cracking up. We had a good laugh on it.


OH... if Hemmingsen and Archibald think they're having fun in Stockholm together... listen in on this. ;)


On Thursday, we had District Meeting in Örnsköldsvik. It's pretty much EXACTLY like Park City, except with a bay instead of mountains. It's a neat city! WELL... long story short, we had District Meeting, ate lunch, and then we headed to the train station to catch our train back to Umeå. We got there about 15 minutes early and there is this MASSIVE ski jump right by the train station. It was raining pretty hard so I had this random idea to walk part way up this ski jump, lay down on my back with my coat, and slide down it. Let's just say I have never laughed so hard in my life!! We were cracking up! I ran up this ski jump to about half way and just let 'er fly! We were absolutely hauling!! I couldn't stop laughing! It was a ton of random missionary fun. "But if anyone asks... we was out smashing mailboxes okay??" Noah... you have that quote for sure! haha


ALSO... Elder Dahle and I had one of those GOLDEN contacts this week. We stopped this young adult girl on the street the other day and started talking to her. She said her name was Leila and that she was from Uganda. Turns out that she knows one of my favorite people ever down in Södertälje! IDI! Idi was an investigator of the sisters from Uganda and he would always come to play soccer with the missionaries and their investigators in Västerhaninge. He's the man! Any-who... we talked to Leila for a little bit and she says, "Do you guys have like... a place where you meet that I could come check out or??" I started laughing because what she was saying was so ridiculously cool! "Yeah for sure! It's actually right over there!" I told her that we have Family Home Evening with a bunch of young adults in the Umeå area and we do fun things on Monday nights and then end with a spiritual message. THEN she said, "Woah... could I like... come and be apart of it." I looked at Elder Dahle and then back at Leila and said, "Uhhh... yeah!" Haha she's comin' tonight which will be SUPER SWEET! I'm stoked!


The rest of the week has been just teaching lessons, saving souls, and preaching that good word. I'll tell more about teaching next week! Overall, I'm a pretty happy camper. I love this work! I love Sweden! I love you all! Hope you have a great week! Keep up the good work y'all!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

District selfie!


A look at how massive this ski jump actually is.

The Umeå crew for the next 6.

The soccer crew last Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment