Saturday, October 17, 2015

Email #67

October 4, 2015
Umeå, Sweden


Just thought I'd share a couple experiences from this past week. FIRST... Aurora Borealis had an unexpected visit here in Umeå on Friday night. We weren't able to snag pics so hopefully a member was able to get a few. Long story short... Northern Lights round 3.


OH... as well... we had another Elder Featherstone 5 o'clock shadow story. The other day, we were at the Bussmann's house for dinner. We ate, laughed, chatted, and had a good time. Later, it got to the "awkward 5 seconds" of each dinner as a missionary where the members wait until the elders say, "well... thanks again for dinner. Is it ok if we share a spiritual message with you?" SO... once again... we hit the "awkward 5 seconds" and before Elder Nelson could ask if they could share a message, Syster Bussmann looks at me for a second and said, "Elder Featherstone.... did you forget to shave this morning?" I looked at Elder Nelson and just started laughing. Elder Nelson is in my MTC group so he's been here on the entire journey. We were cracking up and I said, "Nope Syster Bussmann... I shave every morning." haha as time goes on... it just gets funnier.


Earlier this week, I was able to go on splits with Äldste Sahlin who is one of the Assistants. While we were on splits, we talked a little bit about how the Lord actually is so much more involved in his work that we realize. That's something that I feel was hit pretty hard during General Conference. I honestly can't remember who said what, but I remember what I learned from all of the talks. It's pretty amazing that the Holy Ghost can help us in all aspects of our lives. We just need to ask. One more thing from general conference is that we need to be able to accept correction and follow through on it. That's something that I have really been trying to focus on lately and all I remember is what Mom used to say to the five kids. She literally probably said it a thousand times over the years. "BE TEACHABLE." It's a pretty incredible trait and attribute. I loved Elder Lawrence and his emphasis on "What lack I yet?" And then... on top of that... Syster Marriott and talking about having a balance of not being satisfied in what we do and having a hope of making it back home. The buzzer is about to go off so I have to wrap this up. Overall... I'm just so glad that we have prophets and apostles on the earth today to lead and guide the Savior's church for him. It's pretty amazing!


Peace and Blessings from the land of blue and yellow.


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
Aldste Nelson
Three generations baby!! Burton, Featherstone, Kendall
                                                                              Share the LOVE

Äldste Sahlin.... GÖTT!!
                         Splits with the Assistants


No comments:

Post a Comment