Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Email #72

November 9, 2015
Södertälje, Sweden


FAMILY!!


Alright... I have to start out this email by saying that I am so dang proud of Noah, the Feathy's, and the rest of the Ragnar crew this weekend! It sounded like you had a ton of fun and I'm super proud of Noah for finishing hard on that last leg. If it was the same leg as I ran last year... wait... was that two years ago? Woah... little Elder Featherstone moment there. Ummm... yeah... but that leg. Talk about a beast. I was lovin' it though! The coolest!


Well... everything on this side of the world was pretty amazing! To start it off, we had MLC on Tuesday in Täby where we got to learn from President and Syster Beckstrand and the Assistants. Probably my favorite MLC so far and the one I got the most out of. In the past year we have been focusing a lot on the logistics of missionary work and what we need to do better and fix as a mission. We've been slammed with that pretty hard but this transfer it was all about the missionaries themselves, what we can do to be better, and how we can follow the Savior's invitation to "Come, follow me." That was the main focus for this past MLC. We read through Matthew 4:18-20 and it was amazing to see that scripture through new eyes. "And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him." We talked about what this scripture means to us that have already accepted his invitation to "follow me" but how we can accept his invitation again in coming closer to Christ, how we can get to know who he was, and who he is for us today. It was a super neat experience.


On Friday, we took everything that we had learned in MLC and we had Zone Training for the Södertälje Zone. President and Syster Beckstrand drove out to Eskilstuna from Stockholm to be there with us which was amazing and super helpful to keep the zone on task. They're a pretty rowdy crew and right when President walked in everyone got super quiet and the volume dropped like 50 decibles. I'm not really sure how much that is but let's just act like it's a lot. Ha!


Anyway... Elder Burgin and I held Zone Training and it went super well. I felt the best about it out of the three Zone Trainings that I have been apart of since I became a Zone Leader. We also talked about Diligence and how we can be more diligent in the work as the Lord's missionaries. We read President Uchtdorf's talk from this past General Conference called "It Works Wonderfully" and applied it to the mission. We asked the zone three questions. "Is my mission working for me? Is my mission bringing me closer to Christ? Is my mission blessing me and my family with peace and joy?" It was super cool to reflect back on my mission so far and think about these questions.


Earlier in the week, we had a meeting with the zone leaders in the Stockholm South Zone, President Beckstrand, and President Karlsson (who is the president of the Stockholm Stake) to talk about the missionary work in the Stake and how it is going. We have this meeting every month but it is the first time that both President Karlsson and President Beckstrand have been able to make it. We talked about the missionary work, the members, and what we can do to be better and more united. The meeting was almost over and President Karlsson said, "Well... we have about six minutes left. Would it be okay if we went around and bore our testimonies to each other? Elder Featherstone, would  you like to start?" It was a little unexpected but I was happy to bear my testimony for the brethren. I love bearing my testimony for two reasons. One, it brings the Spirit faster than probably anything else we can do. And two, it helps us find and build our testimonies of the Savior. The Spirit was so strong in that meeting and that has become one of my greatest desires. I always want to have the Spirit because it shows that I'm living my life in a way that Heavenly Father would be proud of, he is helping me and guiding me on the way back home, and I can feel the love of my Savior through the Holy Ghost.


I have more I want to write about but I'll have to push that pack to next week. I love you so much and hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
We had Stake Conference this weekend in Gubbängen and I was able to see some dear friends from Västerhaninge. This is mamma, Göran, and Miriam Blanchette. Göran and I are going to be split buddies and we're going to preach the good word together soon!

The Ståhlberg crew! These people saved the missionaries in Västerhaninge! Mamma Ståhlberg is my "Västerhaninge mamma."

Michael and Elsa Hultgren. Michael is someone that has changed my mission and that I look up to a lot. He served his mission in Saint George!

No comments:

Post a Comment