Thursday, January 7, 2016

Email #79

January 4, 2016
Göteborg, Sweden


FAMILY!!


Helllooooo! Whew... feels like it has been AGES since I wrote last. We have had such a crazy last couple of weeks. BUT... we're all happy campers over here in Göteborg! I'm loving it here and Elder Albertsen and I are having a great time together. Just thought I'd share a couple experiences so here we goooo...


Well... I talked to you a little bit about it during the Skype, but I don't think I told you the backstory of this entire "mini transfer" from Södertälje to Göteborg. SO... here it is. My last week with Elder Burgin was INCREDIBLE! We were working our tails off, laughing our heads off, and everything else-off. We were having an absolute RIOT! I felt like I was coasting a little bit though, so I decided I would get on my knees and pray for a "mountain." I've thought a lot about Elder Eyring's talk called "Mountains to Climb" and President Kimball's talk called "Give me this mountain." Both talk a little about "mountains" (or trials) and how they can help us grow and bring us closer to our Heavenly Father. I didn't want to coast so I decided to ask God for a mountain or a trial so I could be able to grow more. I got on my knees, prayed, stood up, and then got right back to work. Transfers happened and I thought, "Hmmm... well... awesome! I was expecting something hard to happen but I ended up getting a stellar companion and everything was going well in Södertälje. Two days went by and we got a call from President saying I would be moving. I was shocked and I was a little bitter about the entire thing. I thought, "What?? President... come on. What is going on?" I don't think I ever had a transfer that was so hard. I went down to Göteborg and I kinda felt like I wasn't supposed to be here. A few days went by and we ended up having Zone Conference in Göteborg that weekend. I asked President if I could talk with him for a few minutes at Zone Conference and so he pulled me aside and sat me down with him on a bench in the chapel. We talked for 20 minutes or so and then all of my concerns and worries were gone. President told me that the Lord wanted me in Göteborg and that I'm needed here with the zone. It was a pretty neat experience and I've been grateful for this "mountain" here in Göteborg and what I've learned about accepting the Lord's will.


Sorry family, my mind is super scattered right now. We've had a couple of mission emergencies this morning so we've been running all over Göteborg. Everything is ALL good and there are no problems at all but that is probably going to have to be the email for this week.


I LOVE YOU ALL! Hope you all have a great week! Keep "shredding" back there! I'm praying for you all! Especially Dad! Get well soon pops! Love you all! It was SO good to see your faces on Christmas! I'll see them soon when Noah opens his call! Älskar er!


Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone
Frölunda Indians

Teaching with Michael the Persian and Olof the Swede! 

I <3 Pizza. Göteborg kebab pizza is supposed to be some of the best in all of Sweden! 

The Umeå crew at Zone Conference! Elder Murri and Nelson! 

Thai food with the Frölunda elders at Familjen Falck's house
Julmust! This is the classic Christmas soda in Sweden! Apparently, Swedes drink more julmust during the month of December than Coca-cola during the entire YEAR! CRAZY! The Swede's love their Julmust!

Lennart is a new member here in Utby! He loved my hat and wanted to take a picture with me. 

Apple Cider and the New Year! 2016!

This is Kirk! He's an american and is the best person ever! I love this guy! I'm sure you'll hear more about Captain Kirk soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment