Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Email #81

January 18, 2016
Göteborg, Sweden


FAMILY!!


Hmm... I'll be honest... I think I'm running out of creative things to say at the beginning of my emails. It's like the hardest part to write. Anywho...


This week was super solid! It was full of swing-by's, contacting, and the usual stuff we do as missionaries. A.K.A. Saving souls, changing lives, changing the world. Pretty cool stuff I'd say.


Things here in Göteborg are just DANDY! We (I don't know why... but trying to say things in English has been SO hard this week. Like... I might be a little slow when I get back because I won't be able to think of things in English. haha SO... I realize that my English is pretty terrible by now. Just hang on for a little longer! Alright... we're going to continue...) found out this week that Elder Albertsen, Elder Bailey, and I will all be staying in Utby for another six weeks! We're getting Elder Williams from Linköping! I went on splits with him when I was in Södertälje! It's going to be a lot of fun and we're excited for this next transfer.


Super funny... Elder Albertsen wrestled in high school when he was at Viewmont and boy does he LOVE to wrestle. Every once and a while, he'll shoot at my legs while we're in the apartment, tackle me to the ground and we'll wrestle for a minute or two. Haha the other day, he did it again, we wrestled for a second and then he said, "Whew... Elder Featherstone, you'd be a good wrestler. You've got the aggression. That's pretty much all you need.   ..... And lots of technique." Elder Bailey and I busted up laughing. We've had a solid two weeks in the tri-pan. Except it's super awkward when there are three strangers knocking on your door wanting to talk to you about religion. Haha super fun though! We're working hard and having a good time!


Super cool news! The Göteborg Zone is now leading the mission in almost all of the key indicators (the numbers we report weekly). I'm super proud of them! We have some INCREDIBLE missionaries here in the zone and I'm so stoked for this next transfer.


When I was with Elder Israelsen in Södertälje, we talked a lot about the "Second Harvest" in Sweden. I think I talked a little bit about that with you all during FHE or some other time. President Hinckley was in a leadership meeting a while back and during a talk of his, he looked at the stake presidents from Sweden and said "Let me say a few words to you that I want you to take home to Sweden." Then he lifted a glass of water and pointed to it. "Sweden has for many years been like this glass of water—not much action. In the middle 1800s when the first missionaries came to Sweden, thousands of people joined the Church. It was a great and mighty harvest. When you go home, I want you to tell the members that there will be a new harvest, a second harvest in Sweden, that will bring thousands of Swedes into the Church." Elder Israelsen thought a lot about this promise and we talked about it a lot when we were together in Södertälje. As I've been on my mission, I've seen signs of the Second Harvest and can say that it's here. When I first came to Sweden, The Second Harvest had NOT begun. You all would not BELIEVE the change this mission has made during the past two years. The beginning is here and it's so amazing to see. The church is incredible here! I wish you could all see it and see it's growth! Family, I love this country. I know I say it a lot but I love Sweden and I'm so humbled the Lord sent me here with these wonderful people. This is the greatest time on the earth! And it's amazing the Lord chose us to come here and assist him in his work. It's true. It's all true. And this really is the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. How amazing is that?


I just wanted to tell you all that I love you, I love Sweden and the people here, and I love the Lord. This really is his gospel and I'm so glad I can proclaim that for his children here in this blessed country!


I love you all! Hope you have a great week! AND... like I say to every single missionary in the zone after I talk to them on the phone... "Alright.... love you! And let me know if I can do anything to help you guys."


Strength and Honor Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

This is Azi! She's the newest member in Utby! She's from Iran.

Our new investigator Sonja! She's the greatest! 

Familjen Tittus! These people are the greatest som finns!

CHECK THIS! Haha #cougs

No comments:

Post a Comment