Thursday, February 18, 2016

Email #85

February 15, 2016
Göteborg, Sweden

Hallllååååå!!!

How is my wonderful family doing? This email stund (session) has been great. Well instead of saying "hope you're doing well." I'm just going to say, "Keep it up." SO... family... keep it up.

ANYWHO... this week was a super solid one. Elder Featherstone has had two more opportunities to play the piano during devotionals, baptisms, and what not. SO... another S/O to Mom for making me practice! Now I'm just pounding on that ivory!  It's a ton of fun. I finally figured out what I was playing three days before the actual performance. SO... that just shows how sketchy playing is on the piano. I pretty much just sight read the entire thing. Noah... keep practicing buddy... I'll keep the piano keys warm until you get here to Sweden. ;)

Another S/O to Noah just for being the biggest stud ever. Proud of you for putting your papers in buddy! Love juuuuuu!! #swedenbound #sweden #stockholm #mission #dynamicduohitssweden

On Thursday, we had Specialized Zone Training here with the Göteborg Zone. President and Sister Beckstrand came down with the Assistants and we had an incredible training together!

Later that night I was able to go on splits with my long lost buddy Elder Archibald! Probably the biggest stud ever. Anywho... our day was mostly full of swing-by's, contacting, and some tracting. That's honestly what our week has been consisted of as far as the work goes. We've had a lot of meetings, planning sessions, and other things we've had to do with the zone but it's been a super good week! Elder Albertsen and I are staying busy and we're ready to hit it hard this week! I'm super pumped!

Lately, I've been thinking about something that I'd thought I'd share. A couple days ago, we were with a member and the wife asked for a blessing and for me to give it. We gave the blessing and I just thought it was so interesting that the words will just come naturally through the Spirit. I know that I'm DEFINITELY not the most talented speaker in the world and that it's probably something that I struggle with, but it's so amazing what the Lord can do through the Spirit and how He can turn us into something bigger that he needs us to be at a certain time. I look at others in the mission and think "Wow... that missionary is an incredible speaker and everything he says is pretty amazing." I've thought about that and how I am not an incredible speaker in front of the zone and at trainings and what not, but it feels like I am almost a different person when I need to step up. It's amazing what the Lord can do to us when he needs us to do something for him. I love the scripture in Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." The Lord really build us up when he needs us, we just have to be worthy and willing to respond to the call. I've seen that so much and how the Lord really does work through us and helps us do things we couldn't do on our own.

I hope you all have a great week! Keep on keepin' on! I love you all! Go change the world!

Strength and Honor              
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

I saw some of my favorite people from Umeå here in Göteborg! I LOVE these people! The greatest!

The Umeå crew!

Eating Chinese food with Cathy and Andreas!!

TOFU SELFIE!

We had a meeting with the Stake President yesterday. President Landrö is the best!

The Assistants left this box in Göteborg. Now we have to send it to Stockholm...

Straight-face


No comments:

Post a Comment