Monday, February 22, 2016

Email #86

February 22, 2016
Göteborg, Sweden

The clock strikes 6:30 and the alarm starts ringing. The tired elder looks at the clock just to make sure it's not 6:00 and he has another 30 minutes of precious sleep. "Nope... time to get up." The young elder says in his mind as he yawns and does a morning stretch. "Yup... there it is." his companion thinks. "Just like every morning." The familiar noise of his companion as he sings with his morning voice. "OHHHHHHHHHHHH.... it's nice to get up in the marrrrnin... when the sun begins to shine!"

Yup... my Poelman side of the family would be proud of Elder Featherstone when "it's nice to get up in the marrrrnin!" The entire Göteborg zone knows that song know and we joke around about it all the time. We'll get calls from zone members all the time that go like this... "Hello this is Elder Featherstone." *the other elders in synchronization* "OHHHHHHHH..." It's been quite the joke lately. The alarm hits 6:30 and then I just let out a great.... "OHHHHHHHHHHHH." We don't get to far until I am laughing so hard that I can't sing anymore. That's how the mornings usually start out here in Göteborg.

ANYWHO...

Wow... talk about a great week! Elder Albertsen and I are just CRAZY busy and we have zero down time so that is super good!  We're staying busy, working hard, and we're both happy campers right now!

The other day I had a super neat experience. A few weeks ago, Elder Albertsen, Bailey, and I contacted a man on the street whose name was Aleksander. He was from Serbia and he was a super nice guy. He wasn't really interested in the message we had but we invited him to take a look at the website (mormon.org) and that he could learn a little more there if he'd like. We left and I didn't think any more of it. The other day, all four Utby elders were on our way to a member's house to help give a blessing. We usually say a prayer in the car before we go in but I hopped out to buy a little ticket so we could park in that parking spot and then the plan was to hop back in for a prayer with the other elders. I walked over to the machine, got a ticket, and started heading back to the car. On my way back, I saw a man walking towards me so I thought "Hey... might as well contact him." Then... I realized that in the EXACT place we had met him before, it was Aleksander that walked by. I decided I'd just wave and maybe go talk to him anyway. I said, "Hey! How's it going?" and Aleksander lit up. He totally remembered me and he started firing questions at me about the church. We ended up talking for over 20 minutes and I taught him the entire Restoration. It was the coolest experience! I testified about the Restored Church of Christ and the Spirit was definitely there. That means he felt it too! "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together." (D&C 50:22) We had a super neat talk together and Aleksander said we could come back and we could give him a Book of Mormon in Serbian.

Coincidence that we met in the same place? I think NOT!

ANYWAY... this week we were able to go to a professional Swedish Hockey game here in Göteborg which was a ton of fun! A member invited us and we took a few less actives with us so that was super good!

Alright family... I don't have a ton of time right now so I gotta say "HEJ DÅ" for now. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

OH.... this week's S/O goes to my boy NOAH! Congrats on getting accepted to the Y duder! Proud of you! Love you!

Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

The Frölunda Indians!

Äldste Bailey och de "goa gubbar"

Qais and the missionaries round 2.

Qais... a new member in Trollhättan and all the missionaries at a baptism this past weekend. Qais loves the missionaries! 

This CRACKED me up today. That's a game we play all the time. Making jokes with license plates.

Pre-game


Got a picture with the Frölunda Indians mascot


No comments:

Post a Comment