Monday, April 4, 2016

Email #92

April 4, 2016
Göteborg, Sweden

FAMILY!

Alright... so here's the deal. I have like hardly any time right now but we're going to see what we can do with the time I have. Strap yourself in and hang on!

FIRST... the weekly S/O definitely has to go to the Ameli-gory (Amelia - Gregory) crew for this week's news on the girl! May I suggest a name or two. Calebilia and Calebry would be two noble options. Haha... Wow.. those were terrible. I'm just cracking myself up now. Just want o say THANK YOU for the video you sent! So good to see all of your faces!

Speaking of faces.... I saw two familiar ones in my city the other day. I just happened to run into Trav and Tiff Graff in Göteborg this past Saturday! The world is small. Mamma and Pappa Graff are among the greatest people to walk the earth. We had a quick lunch with them but it was the coolest! I loved seeing them! Mom, I sent a hug back for you from Mamma Graff so be ready! We also had lunch with two more of my favorite people! Mamma and Pappa Summerhays who are serving at the temple right now in Stockholm. LOVE those people!

I had a neat experience the other day in the car on our way to a lesson. Elder Halterman and I were listening to a song called "In Christ Alone" by Owl City. I am usually singing along but I just decided to listen and think about the words. It's not by a church artist or anything like that but I felt the Spirit testify to me that what was being sung was truth. I turned to Elder Halterman and said, "You know what? I actually felt the Spirit listening to it that time." It was a little surprising for some reason but it was just a great reminder about the fact that the Holy Ghost testifies of truth wherever it is or whoever the source is.

The Holy Ghost really did teach me a lot this weekend. General Conference is the coolest! It's so amazing we just get to sit and listen to the Lord's servants and be taught by the Holy Ghost to our own personal needs. I wrote down a couple questions that I have right now and then I just listened intently for the answer. I was listening for a little counsel for when I return from the mission field and I felt like the Lord said, "Attend the temple and continue to read your scriptures daily. You will receive guidance, comfort, and the strength you need as you stay faithful in those two aspects of the gospel." That was incredible for me and it put my heart at ease knowing that I don't have to worry about what's going to happen during the next couple months, but as I stay prayerful, continue to read the scriptures, and attend the temple, the Lord will help me. I remember
something that Brian told me and the beginning of my mission. He said, "We can over complicate things as much as we want, by trying to "figure it all out", but why waste the time and energy when we don't have to. The Lord will do that for us!" That's something I've tried to do as much as possible. Do what you can, then let the Lord handle the rest.  SO... that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to just focus on the work until the day when the Lord says "it's done." The Lord only gives us two years to do this. So why slow down at the end! "Courage, brethren; and on, onto the victory!" My greatest desire is to lay down on my last day on the mission and hear the words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." And I hope that when I return to him, I can hear those words, but for now, there's work to do. There are people to help, lives to bless, and the Lord needs disciples forever. Let's be the ones he can count on!

I love you all! Go have a stellar week! Make it happen!

Hurrah for Israel!! Hurrah!!

Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment