Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Email #94

April 18, 2016
Skellefteå Sweden

Hellloooooo....


Wow... talk about a week. It was a good one overall but a LOT of things happened. It went a little like this...


SO... here we go. On Wednesday morning we drove with the other Utby elders to the airport and I hopped on my plane to Stockholm. Then from Stockholm up to Skellefteå. Funny happening at the airport... I was on my way to my terminal, I look up and who do I see? Yes, the legend named Elder Nathan Nephi Jones. The one and only. He's also from the Geezy and was being transferred to Umeå! THEN... I hopped on the plane, landed, and as we land, I look outside and it is a complete BLIZZARD. Snow like you've never seen! I started laughing and just though, "Ohhhh buddy. I better strap myself in. GIDDY UP!"


Later, I was on the bus on the way to the city and heard, "I'm so excited.... and I just can't hide it." I started laughing again to myself and was thinking, "Uh huh. It'll be a good one." The Pointer Sisters said it best. This is going to be an INCREDIBLE transfer. I'm SO excited!


Elder Kilton is my new companion. He's about 5'6", from good 'ol Provo, Utah, and he's the funniest kid ever. We have been having a lot of fun and laughing a lot.


This week has been A LOT of contacting and tracting. We've been on the streets ALL day talking to people and spreading the good word. Skellefteå and Frölunda (My current area's and my previous area's ice-hockey teams) are also playing in the Swedish final during the next week and a half. During the games, the streets are absolutely EMPTY. The streets turn into an absolute ghost town so it's a little hard to contact during those times.

Church in Skellefteå was a highlight for me. I really needed it this week. It was pretty amazing. I sat down with my companion, two other members here in Skellefteå, and listened to the Branch President welcome everyone to Sacrament Meeting. I looked around in the small room and there were three members there. We had lost a few during the past months and a couple have become very sick and probably won't recover. I sat there during Sacrament Meeting, tears filled my eyes and I thought, "God bless these faithful saints here in this building today." I know the words are true when the Lord said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you." (D&C 6:32) I knew it that day and I felt it. The Lord was there with us. That will be a Sacrament Meeting I will never forget.


During that same meeting, I performed a musical number and it went really well. After doing that I spoke for the entire meeting on the power of the Atonement, the power of prayer, and the help the Lord can give us when we show our faith to share the Gospel.


Ether 2:16 "And the Lord said: Go to work and build, after the manner of [areas] which ye have hitherto built. And it came to pass that [the Skellefteå elders] did go to work, and also his brethren, and built [areas] after the manner which they had built, according to the instructions of the Lord..."


That is our plan for now. We're going to "go to work" and "build areas according to the instructions of the Lord."
I love you all! Hope you have a great week!

Strength and Honor
Elder Caleb Hendrik Featherstone





The Göteborgian Dynamic Duo (Halterstone + Featherman)



Utby crew 2k16

The Luleå Distrikt = The Northern Hooligans

We ran into our past investigator Alfa the other day. It was the funniest thing ever!


Dynamic Duo Round 2


No comments:

Post a Comment